Restoration Church (EPC) is seeking a full time Children’s Director who will lead our church’s efforts in investing in the faith of children and their families. Restoration is a church of approximately 250 - 300 people, seeking to relentlessly make disciples who are learning to look, love and live like Jesus. This person will be asked and expected to provide vision and leadership for engaging birth – elementary-school children and their families with God’s love, God’s Word and Christ-centered relationships. Restoration is also a Sticky Faith church that has implemented the research from the Fuller Youth Institute to engage the next generation with the love, grace and truth of Jesus Christ and help them own their faith.
Learn more about Restoration Church by visiting our website or Facebook page:
Learn more about Sticky Faith by visiting the Fuller Seminary website at https://fulleryouthinstitute.org/stickyfaith.
Please review the Job Description listed below and submit the following items in PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
1. Cover Letter
Children’s Director Job Description
The Children’s Director is responsible for providing the church with leadership to cultivate authentic faith in children and their families through relationships, groups, classes and events. The director will recruit and train volunteer leaders who will touch children’s lives with God’s love, teach them God’s Word and build relationships with God’s people – laying a foundation that will keep children engaged with Christ and his church.
Personal Commitment and Development
- Invest time into a vital relationship with Christ through prayer, Bible study and serving others.
- Invest time in developing as a leader and person.
- Make every effort to live into the vision and mission of Restoration Church
- Pray regularly for the spiritual growth of church members and those connected with Restoration Church.
- Maintain a separate Sabbath day other than Sunday.
- Receives general guidance from Lead Pastor
- Develops short and long term goals with Lead Pastor and develops metrics to measure effectiveness
- Expected to operate with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Provide vision and leadership for engaging birth – elementary school children with Jesus, the cross and the gospel through overseeing all aspects of children’s discipleship.
- Provide leadership for the Children’s Discipleship Team, including regular communication, encouragement, and team meeting organization and task management
- Facilitate recruitment of children’s leaders and volunteers including facilitation of efficient coverage (safe and adequate adult-to-child ratios) volunteers at all children’s programs, activities, and events, including substitute volunteers when needed.
- Organize and facilitate planning and training sessions for children’s leaders/workers as well as appreciation events.
- Work with Children’s Discipleship Team to identify and approve all programs, curricula, activities and disbursement of funds for supplies and projects.
- Provide vision and leadership for the special needs Sunday morning program.
- Plan and organize outreach events and programs for children and families in our community.
- Develop and implement a safety/security plan for all children’s activities sponsored by Restoration Church.
- Organize the screening of children’s workers and leaders before placing them in ministry.
- Investigate and seek resolution of any concerns regarding children’s discipleship workers.
- Participate in training opportunities & provide overview what was learned, the value & how it can be implemented.
- Provide education for worship participation.
- Be available to counsel and pray with children regarding spiritual matters
- Pray for the children and children’s ministry workers.